Boat Rental Information:
Thank you for choosing Stillwater Boat Club and Rentals. To ensure a smooth and pleasurable day, we ask that you carefully read and understand the following policies before you take out a boat for rent. These policies were made to help ensure your safety and to help make your rental experiences fun and easy. We hope you enjoy your day on the beautiful St. Croix River!
- The rental boat is full of fuel when you take off from the dock. When you return the boat for rent we will “top off” the tank and you only pay for the fuel that you use.
- We provide all PFD (Personal Floatation Device) equipment. All of our PFDs are certified inspected each year by the Washington County Water Patrol and or the Coast Gaurd.
- To make the most of your rental day we ask that you arrive at the Stillwater Gas Dock approximately 20-30 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time so that you can load your boat and get operating instructions from the Gas Dock crew as well as learn some of the idiosyncrasies of the river.
- We are open 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. from May 15 to Oct 15. These times are adjusted after Labor Day due to shorter days. Reservations are made between the hours of 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.- 7 days a week. Please call for availability.
- All boats for rent are docked at the Stillwater Marina Gas Dock. Parking is free behind P.D. Pappy’s restaurant adjacent to the Stillwater Marina Gas Dock.
- The customer is responsible for all damages to the boat for rent incurred during the rental period. Customers are to follow Minnesota Boating Laws.
- We charge the boat rental fees to your credit card the same day as the reservation is made. Rental fees are subject to 7.125% sales tax.
- There is a $250.00 damage deposit authorized to your credit card in addition to the rental fees. If there are no damages inflicted to the boat for rent and all fuel charges are paid, the deposit will be released.
- On the day of your rental bring your valid picture driver’s license and the credit card that your rental was charged. If these two items are not present, we cannot send the rental out or make any amends to the credit card charge. This is done for your identity theft protection.
- If you arrive late for your reservation, the boat for rent will still have to be returned to the Gas Dock at the time that your reservation was made for when you booked the boat. If the boat is returned 15 minutes to one hour late, there is a $50.00 fee. If you return your boat an hour or later, there is a four hour rental charge.
- Bad Weather? At the discretion of Stillwater Boat Rental management, if inclement weather prevails, you will have 30 days to rebook and use your rental. If the rain out happens at the end of the season, you may carry over the reservation until spring of following year. These must be booked and used by June 15 of the year following the original rental date.
- We do not allow the following: no kegs of alcohol are allowed on board our boats for rent or to be transported; no charcoal grills (gas grills permitted, please cook on shore and not on board); no alcohol consumption by the driver(s) of the boat for rent; No entry on the Mississippi River or any of the tributaries of the St. Croix River** (**A $500.00 rescue/tow fee will be charged to your credit card for towing from these areas for entry in off limit zones if watercraft breaks down).